Sign in to follow this  
Icarus

My GMOD Refuses to Function

alues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_pillar_support.mdl mdlkeyvalue, KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_air_vent.mdl mdlkeyvalue, KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_air_vent.mdl mdlkeyvalue, KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_air_vent.mdl mdlkeyvalue, KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_air_vent.mdl mdlkeyvalue, KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_air_vent.mdl mdlkeyvalue, KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_floor_cap_4x1.mdl mdlkeyvalue, KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_floor_cap_4x1.mdl mdlkeyvalue, KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_floor_cap_4x1.mdl mdlkeyvalue, KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file models/cire992/liq/n7_mi_air_vent.mdl mdlkeyvalue, Redownloading all lightmaps [Arivia] All scripts will be getting an official update soon, keep checking gmodstore.com for a release of this script.

Have any idea what that means? I sure don't. My GMOD has a mess in the console whenever I try loading in. It makes helping in events near impossible, and definitely restricts me from hosting my own at all. And it's not because I don't have the content, I should have everything. All of these look like Mass Effect props too, but I have that addon. It makes no sense to me. If you have any ideas as to what this could be, I'm all ears.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If you have either 1, wiped all of your mods completely then uninstalled your Garry's Mod and deleted the folder(s) from your Steam Directory, reinstalled and then reinstalled the mods and it has continued or 2, unsubscribed and deleted then resubscribed, and it still continues.

Reinstall all of your GMod VPKs. Easiest way is to uninstall GMOD Entirely, HL2, CSS etc and delete their contents and reinstall HL2, Load it once and then CSS and load that once, and so on with GMod being the final thing. Yes, I know it sounds suckish but I had to do it too lol. (rip me on DSL, took me forever)

EDIT: Should probably explain one or both of the two causes.

VPK's are obviously the gigantic files Valve uses for their content in games, which some games also use as their "Base". GMod being one of them, and their mods inside of the game inclusive. Either one of your VPK's model configs are bad, or the Mods model configs is bad itself. You wont be able to tell which one is the bad one, hence why its easier to reinstall. If none fix it, its serverside.

Edited by faceyourBEARS