By Rami

phase 2 501st

Hello everyone! I'm here to report that 501st have now received the full phase 2 treatment! More on the way!

By Rami

New home map suggestions

Hello there! Be sure to check out the New Home suggestions and planning thread on the forums. 

Here's a direct link: Thread

By Rami

Brawlhalla Tournament TBD

Hello, members of the Prominent! We will be hosting the 2019 Winter Brawlhalla Tournament Stay on the lookout for the thread that will go over the prizes (big boy prizes incoming),  along with how the tournament will be running. Thank you :)

Edit: The tournament is going to be rescheduled so we may accommodate more members joining in on the fun! 

By Rami

Prominent Gaming News

Hello everyone, and welcome to our slider feature that is brand new to the Prominent forums! I will be using this to feature upcoming news and announcements for the community, including updates or additions! Generally, if it's up here, it's important.

Carter

Revival, and why it won't be the same.

Howdy folks, Carter here, the guy who everyone on PG agrees is their most "Meh..." player and person. Now, throughout my history with the server a lot of shit has gone down, everything from high staff being fired, high staff leaving, community in-fighting, general chaos, and turmoil, things have always ended up alright in the end. Well, obviously not always, after this last ordeal of events. But, moving on and moving forward, most of us have been excited to see a new era of PG under some new leadership. However, I am concerned over a few topics. 1. Lack of a playerbase. 2.Overcrowding in SWRP servers. 3. Lack of interest.

1. Lack of a playerbase. Now, everyone who is on this forum has either liked PG in the past, or still does with all of it's flaws. PG at one point in all of our careers was amazing, and probably took a good portion of our lives away. We would stay up late nights just to play with our friends for a few more hours. But, when PG died a lot of folks migrated to one of the 4 servers that opened up by former PG alumni. With this new problem we face, reopening PG, either the same or a different server, will only spread out the problem even more, splitting up the group more than it already is.

2. Overcrowding in SWRP servers. SWRP is on a decline within the GMOD community, but it is still the 2nd most played part of GMOD. With so many people trying to capitalize on the SWRP craze, it only makes sense that the oldest and most prosperous would survive, like PG did back in the old days, but any economist would tell you that New, Non innovative Product + Oversaturated Market = Disaster. Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely LOVE for PG to make a strong return, but we all know it wouldn't be the same, things will never go back to the way they were.

3. Lack of interest. As much as I would like to say PG was in it's hayday when the server declined, you and I both know that isn't true. To be honest, it's been in decline since around the time Jamaica, Diddlez, and Elias left. Not to be rude to any of the newer high staff, as they have been pretty amazing as well, but these three were like the Senate of PG, while the President did do some things...(not many however) it was the senate holding it together, and hold it together they did damn well at. When they left, the community and the "president" went into a bit of a panic, but Blubber did an excellent job at holding it together, along with Waffles. However, they were only 2 men, compared to the previous trio, so that put more pressure on the (at the time) growing community, and the "president" himself. All of these things combined to create an ever growing burden, which in itself was doomed to fail. Even if things were to grow the server up again, we would still remember the bad times, and the ever growing failing part of PG.

As much as I hate to say it, and as sad as I am to see it go, I think it is simply PG's time. I know I wasn't always the greatest person on PG, but over the past year I had been trying to make myself in to a community role model, which I think I succeeded in. Folks, you've all been amazing, I'm not going to @ anyone because I'd know I'd forget someone, but I will miss you all. Perhaps I will see you on one of the many PG clone servers, but I think just like the Pirate Bay, sometimes the original needs to die in order for the new clones to pop up, and go on the bigger and better things. PG, the community, the staff, and the weirdos, goodbye.

• Like 2

we aren't even trying to make it the same, so nah, we're gonna keep going. thanks for the words though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Perhaps I wasn't being clear enough, I don't want you to try extremely hard to create a PG 2.0, or an entirely new server only to fade out like 95% of the other SWRP servers. Blubber, you are an amazing guy and an extremely hard worker who unfortunately was caught in the middle of Mr "President"'s shit. You shouldn't try to rebuild from the ashes like a phoenix, you should join a different community, or just move on. Your odds are so incredibly small, and the former PG playerbase has all moved on. We both loved PG, we ALL did. But sometimes things need to change, and none of us want to see your amazing talents go to waste on a server that might not make it. Not a single person in the former PG community wants to see you fail. Sometimes things just need to move on, as hard as change can be. I know I am still sort of in shock, but it just happened. We cannot change the past, nor should we. Look aty Arrested Development, got cut short after season 3, then revived 10 years later. It was different, and not the same. Trying too hard to cash in on what had already happened. Blubber, please reassess this whole situation.

I can agree with this. I've been apart of communities both in Gmod and TF2 for 7 years now (I think I started in 2012. I can't remember exactly when.). Time and time again i've joined them, stayed with them, and left just a bit before they die. I've seen many players who had quit the server and make their own community, only for it to die in a month or less. Once a community is gone, you can't bring it back. It's a sad truth no one wants to face but everyone seems to ignore. I think you should create your own community, attempting to rebuild something for 10 people. That's not a sufficent playerbase that can keep it alive and keep those memories. Believe me, I wish stuff didn't die. I wish that things can be rebuilt.

But it can't. 

We can only move on or stay stuck in the past. As the final sentence from The Great Gatsby states, "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." In case you don't understand the quote, it is in reference to the titular character's (At least the Gatsby part) profound longing for reliving his past with Daisy. While at first it seems to go well, the ending shows that his past can't be regained as Daisy leaves him and he is killed. This quote serves to give Gatsby a universal connection to us. A connection that we all wish to live in the past and regain the time we once had, but we can't. We will never be able to truly relive those days of old where we heard our favorite song, had that awesome sleep over party with friends, that feeling of that school field trip we were excited to go on. We can attempt to replicate it, but we will never have that same experience as before. We will never be able to bring it back. Instead, we must move on and not be held back by the "current" of time.

2 hours ago, Blubber said:

we aren't even trying to make it the same, so nah, we're gonna keep going. thanks for the words though. 

But, as the poet Thomas Gray once stated, "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

• Like 2

Same or different, if Rami is at the helm of the server then it is pointless exercise in insanity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Hi, looks like I’m late to the discussion. Oh well.

ladies and gentlemen, prominent gaming is dead. Like big dead. Who could’ve guessed? Sure, the owner is vacant, sure there hasn’t been any sort of maintenance or server progress for.. 3 months? I don’t know, but it hasn’t been for a while.. there’s so so many good points, countless actually. 

Many have lost their patience with PG, and rightfully so. Many have given up hope, and rightfully so. Hey, even I have. To an extent. But still, here I stand. Awaiting a revival. I’m not doing to much to actually help, don’t really know what I even can do, to help. But still, here I stand. 

I would be gladdened, hopefully like many others, to see The Prominent, rise again, and have the things, the important things, we didn’t have last time, added. We all learn from our mistakes, and hopefully Rami will come through, and appoint the people whom deserve it the most, through their engagement and dedication. 

Oh and what’s all this arguing? Or debating, whatever you want to call it. Shouldn’t we all be somewhat relieved that people are actually giving a damn to try and be bring this server back? Might be a false promise, and a waste of time. Might not be. Who knows? But god damn, at least have the decency to the people who are trying to bring change. 

Kind regards,

a swedish knucklehead

Edited by Ironclad

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Super said:

I have no idea what you're talking about because what Carter has done in this post was reveal the irrefutable facts. I was hoping to not involve myself in this conversation but it's quite plain and simple, everyone has moved on. I thought I would never see the day when PG has zero players on a weekend afternoon. The owner is non-existent, there has never been any proper communication within high staff, there is a refusal of bringing new content to the server, and the number of false promises that had been made in the past is just sickening. To even talk about a revival is just merely foolish. 

Just stating a fact that it's personal opinions between many people. The only one who has the real facts are those either in the future or the owners of the server themselves.
Don't know why you are back here commenting on posts like this when you say you were 'hoping to not involve myself'.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Also, it sounds like you are in the earliest stage of Grief as stated by the Kübler-Ross model, Denial. Not looking at facts, and simply dismissing them as opinions is a very common political way of dismissing things you do not like to hear, even though they are laid out before you. We are all upset by the end of Prominent, but ignoring the fact that it died is simply foolish! Heck you should know better than most that it died, you started your own server before it kicked the bucket.

I.. personally could care less for PG. I've had my share of time on there, I don't mind if they live or die. People want it to, let them have the hope. I don't kick them down for it.

And, unfortunately you are wrong. I started my server after PG had actually died, as in, literally everyone quit and then so did we.

Server hasn't even been up a month! Oof. Also the fact you bring that up comes quite off quite amusingly from someone like you..

Though it's sad how you go from respectful to changing your tone in a sort of way... over a few days... when I never uttered a word again.

Carter's being Carter, folks.

Edited by faceyourBEARS

Posted (edited)

Yeah his aint doing anybody any good as it causing more arguments so im locking this thread,If need be il hide it aswell.

Edited by [PG]Nova

After lookin it over again and thinkin about it this shouldnt have seen the light of day so im removing it from the spotlight it has gained so it no longer causes issues

• Like 1