By Rami

phase 2 501st

Hello everyone! I'm here to report that 501st have now received the full phase 2 treatment! More on the way!

By Rami

New home map suggestions

Hello there! Be sure to check out the New Home suggestions and planning thread on the forums. 

Here's a direct link: Thread

By Rami

Brawlhalla Tournament TBD

Hello, members of the Prominent! We will be hosting the 2019 Winter Brawlhalla Tournament Stay on the lookout for the thread that will go over the prizes (big boy prizes incoming),  along with how the tournament will be running. Thank you :)

Edit: The tournament is going to be rescheduled so we may accommodate more members joining in on the fun! 

By Rami

Prominent Gaming News

Hello everyone, and welcome to our slider feature that is brand new to the Prominent forums! I will be using this to feature upcoming news and announcements for the community, including updates or additions! Generally, if it's up here, it's important.

Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

What is DarkRP?

What kind of stuff happens in DarkRP? I've been introduced to some.... colorful binds people have that use comms to mug or murder.  But like.... are there events? Anything fun? 

I have been wondering the same thing, I have heard of it, but have never played, or seen what goes on

you can base, mug poeple, raid bases, drive cars, be a banker, lot of jobs, very cool.

you have to adert to mug and raid bases though 

On 3/4/2018 at 10:41 AM, Treble said:

so space RP?

Yeah but just the RP part.

Most servers are pretty vanilla and have jobs like gun dealer, police force, drug dealers, things like that

• Like 1

Dark RP is a gamemode that is kind of like City RP, basically but just about anything can happen, which makes it fun. Ugandan Knuckles could raid your house with his army of tongue clickers, Batman could be running people over in the Batmobile, corrupt police could be wandering around on meth, Jedi and clones could be at a bar talking out their problems with the CIS, etc. Most Dark RP servers are generic, like you see one, you have seen them all. Ours will be more unique, I have heard about custom classes allowing just about any models on the workshop, so things will definitely be crazy if that is true. But that is just what I heard we talked about once.

• Like 1

Believe it or not; DarkRP was actually a big hidden Gamemode once Blackhawk.

Icarus was pretty much right, but DarkRP has derived big time since its creation.

DarkRP was actually created by Rickster as a joke. A kind of a ruse to get a rise out of the Creator of "LightRP".

Rickster eventually abandoned DarkRP, but many many authors including a good friend of mine who is the currently sole updater; "FPtje Falco/Atheos" (goes by so many names lets not get into it.)

DarkRP is practically a light-roleplay of Urban Roleplay. Not so serious, but not too non-serious. You can play as a mob-boss, thief, shop owner, gun shop owner, police, or even a normal citizen in most servers. I mean, thats what Vanilla lets you do. Many many servers customize these jobs and have even unique ones. Like Icarus said, you may see a batman running around in one server, but in another you may see Spiderman. Who knows? It's your imagination and your life. 

Give it a shot, if you can get past some of the bad staffed servers, bad players, you'll have a great time!

• Like 1