By Rami

phase 2 501st

Hello everyone! I'm here to report that 501st have now received the full phase 2 treatment! More on the way!

By Rami

New home map suggestions

Hello there! Be sure to check out the New Home suggestions and planning thread on the forums. 

Here's a direct link: Thread

By Rami

Brawlhalla Tournament TBD

Hello, members of the Prominent! We will be hosting the 2019 Winter Brawlhalla Tournament Stay on the lookout for the thread that will go over the prizes (big boy prizes incoming),  along with how the tournament will be running. Thank you :)

Edit: The tournament is going to be rescheduled so we may accommodate more members joining in on the fun! 

By Rami

Prominent Gaming News

Hello everyone, and welcome to our slider feature that is brand new to the Prominent forums! I will be using this to feature upcoming news and announcements for the community, including updates or additions! Generally, if it's up here, it's important.

Anyone crashing either while loading into the DarkRP server/a few seconds after loading in? It gives me a LUA Panic error saying I don't have enough memory. I have 100 free GB and 8 GB of RAM. Not gonna lie, this issue is kinda depressing me cause I was so excited to attend the DarkRP opening and now I can't because of an error. Can we find a fix to this/find the error that is causing it?

• Sad 2

I already tried both solutions and it doesn’t work. I’ll try changing my settings for gmod for lower quality. I don’t know what else to do if this isn’t working.

Edit: Doesnt work. I actually wanna die

Edited by That One EpicFace
  • Sad 1

Several People, including myself who have plenty of memory are getting this issue as well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Try this;

Navigate to C:\Program FIles (x86) (just program files if 32bit)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010

Double click DXSETUP.exe and install

Then try play Gmod.

EDIT:

Another thing found to work; is to check if your Steam folders are "READ-ONLY" or not. if they ARE, you need to untick that box. Easiest way is to go to your steam folder; right click it and hit properties .. you'll see it near the bottom.

Some people had to reinstall their addons, or even their Garry's Mod (sometimes a few times) to get it all working.

Edited by faceyourBEARS

3 hours ago, faceyourBEARS said:

Try this;

Navigate to C:\Program FIles (x86) (just program files if 32bit)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010

Double click DXSETUP.exe and install

Then try play Gmod.

EDIT:

Another thing found to work; is to check if your Steam folders are "READ-ONLY" or not. if they ARE, you need to untick that box. Easiest way is to go to your steam folder; right click it and hit properties .. you'll see it near the bottom.

Some people had to reinstall their addons, or even their Garry's Mod (sometimes a few times) to get it all working.

I tried installing that. Didn't work. Gonna try your Edit, just no the reinstalling. Steam was READ-ONLY so I unticked it. Gonna try reconnecting later.

• Sad 1

i didn't get this error until after I installed the DarkRP Content Pack. was able to be on for a few hours. after i installed the content pack, i keep getting the error

Try opening a singleplayer game with the map;

How you do this the easy way is to go onto your main menu, click on options .. THEN HIT YOU CONSOLE KEY!

In your console type the following;

map rp_downtown_prominent_v3 

Then hit enter. Your game will probably freeze, don't panic, it's loading the game. After loading, you can mess about or leave and try connect to the DarkRP server.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, faceyourBEARS said:

Try opening a singleplayer game with the map;

How you do this the easy way is to go onto your main menu, click on options .. THEN HIT YOU CONSOLE KEY!

In your console type the following;

map rp_downtown_prominent_v3 

Then hit enter. Your game will probably freeze, don't panic, it's loading the game. After loading, you can mess about or leave and try connect to the DarkRP server.

Didnt work. ):
GMod is really, really, really making me mad right now.

I can be on for maybe 3-5 minutes before I crash

Edit: I was able to get on when not a lot of people were on. I’ll try getting on tomorrow morning and see how it goes.

Edited by Treble

Few fixes scattered around, some may be a repeat but who knows what'll work.

This is a LUA Panic right?

- Restart your game.
- Update Drivers.
- VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

You could also try: 

- dxlevel 95 to your launch parameters 
- heapsize 16777216 in launch parameters 

Still not working?

- Remove all your usercontent (Addons, Maps)
- Re-Download the game.
- Fresh install of Windows or what ever Linux Distro you are using.

Try going to options>other>"When a game server tries to download custom content" and change it to only allow map files

"My solution to this problem was updating all of my drivers including my graphics driver then rebooting my computer.   If that doesn't work you could even try re-installing Garry's Mod in a different location as I had a firewall problem where Garry's Mod was considered as virus by my Anti-Virus."

Will update this with more later.

40 minutes ago, TysonYodaGamer1 said:

Been trying to start the server onetimeva day and today it randomly started to work! I didn't change anything at all after all of my changes 2-3 days ago.

What did you put your Gmod settings at? I can't get on still and it kinda hurts.