By Rami

phase 2 501st

Hello everyone! I'm here to report that 501st have now received the full phase 2 treatment! More on the way!

By Rami

New home map suggestions

Hello there! Be sure to check out the New Home suggestions and planning thread on the forums. 

Here's a direct link: Thread

By Rami

Brawlhalla Tournament TBD

Hello, members of the Prominent! We will be hosting the 2019 Winter Brawlhalla Tournament Stay on the lookout for the thread that will go over the prizes (big boy prizes incoming),  along with how the tournament will be running. Thank you :)

Edit: The tournament is going to be rescheduled so we may accommodate more members joining in on the fun! 

By Rami

Prominent Gaming News

Hello everyone, and welcome to our slider feature that is brand new to the Prominent forums! I will be using this to feature upcoming news and announcements for the community, including updates or additions! Generally, if it's up here, it's important.

Akkadian

Dark RP Population

Being one of the moderators for the Dark RP server i am on it quite a bit, i have noticed recently that the number of people who play on it consistently has started to fall, what im wanting to ask is a few question to help us figure out what more you all are looking for and what might bring you back.

1: What is making you not want to come back and play? (Ex. Regiment influence, Stagnation of content) 

2: What would you like to see added that would make you want to come back at a more consistent basis?

3: Would you want to come back more consistently if we started hosting our own events? and if so what kind of events would you want to see

These 3 questions will help give us an idea as to what it is that our community is wanting to see more of, and what we as the staff can do to help our community enjoy their time on the server.

The main issue in my eyes, is that DarkRP is so over saturated. Getting new people is difficult, because there are thousands of servers. People also have responsibilities on the SWRP server, so they are less likely to play the DarkRP. That's how I see it.

First off, for me, I had gone back to fulfill some duties on the SWRP Server

Secondly, I felt like I had done everything that there was to do after 3 days. I have a looooot of money, I've played as every job, raiding isn't appealing anymore because I have a lot of money. There isn't enough content. 

1 hour ago, Blubber | Lildog said:

First off, for me, I had gone back to fulfill some duties on the SWRP Server

Secondly, I felt like I had done everything that there was to do after 3 days. I have a looooot of money, I've played as every job, raiding isn't appealing anymore because I have a lot of money. There isn't enough content. 

Would it be helpful if  we did almost like seasons where money reset and we made it more difficult to get money, making it where raiding to obtain more printers, making raiding actually worth something

I would be down for a money reset and tbh the amount of money you make from printers is crazy. I have 34 million on me and 14 million in the bank. Instead of lowering how much you get from it, there's another way. Currently, a normal user can buy 5 printers and a VIP can buy all six. This should be probably be changed where a normal user can only buy two printers and a VIP can only buy 3, I know this is possible because other servers have it. Not only that, the way upgrades are is user can go all the way to level 6 for printers, 9 for donator, and 10 for staff. In my opinion, the staff upgrade should be removed then users can upgrade from 1-7 while donators can upgrade from 7-10. This way money would be harder to get, people would be raiding a lot more to steal printers, and will make people come back more to grind. (I hope) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Set said:

The main issue in my eyes, is that DarkRP is so over saturated. Getting new people is difficult, because there are thousands of servers. People also have responsibilities on the SWRP server, so they are less likely to play the DarkRP. That's how I see it.

This

xP I guess nowadays our Dark RP is pretty dead. The main reason I was scared to join was the nostalgia point, Dark RP was the place where I learned to play GMOD xP. I was scared of getting hooked and never playing SWRP again. Welp I missed my chance lol.

Just now, Neibus said:

xP I guess nowadays our Dark RP is pretty dead. The main reason I was scared to join was the nostalgia point, Dark RP was the place where I learned to play GMOD xP. I was scared of getting hooked and never playing SWRP again. Welp I missed my chance lol.

We are currently working on a revamp and testing new features to bring it back to life. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Blubber | Lildog said:

We are currently working on a revamp and testing new features to bring it back to life. 

^ what he said